- If the Python method you're calling on the back-end is expecting something other than a string you're probably going to have issues.
I chose Ruby because I find it a fun language to program in and well, I guess that pretty much sums it up ;-)In order for the library to work there is one thing that you need to do on the Zenoss/Zope side. To marshal data-types into Python you most certainly need to do it in Python so we have to add a custom script to Zope.
- Go to the Zope Management page:
- ID = callZenossMethod
- "Add and Edit"
- Title = "Work around for unsupported Zenoss methods"
- Parameter List = methodName
- Clear out the code contents from the text box and cut-and-paste the code found here:
- "Save Changes"
- gem install -r zenoss_client
addendum: Link to zenoss_client source code: zenoss_client